Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Doll (head) number one for my July challenge.

First doll head this month. He doesn't have a name yet. The background is a chess board, just so you get the scale.

I am taking on the challenge of making a doll head a day this month. Here is my first one. Somehow he wanted to be a male doll so I let him be. Let's see what comes out each day. 

I am also challenging myself to do a self portrait each day and I will share those too. I am noticing faces much more as I make these doll heads. 

A little gloomy looking but it was late at night and I was tired!


The techniques used is sculptural needle felting which I learned over the last year from Kay Petal at her Felt Alive website. I recommend that to you too, if you are interested. 

Please bear with me too as I learn how to design this blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment