Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 15-almost halfway there!

front view-doll day 15

side view-doll day 15

I found this elderly Asian woman. Her skin was mottled and I tried to get this effect by mixing two colors of wool. Not sure if I achieved this. I love how the flower petals look like a ruffle on her dress. 

Interview with Doll number 15:

Me: Welcome! Please tell us your name and anything you would like us to know. 

Doll 15: My name is Mei Mei and I am almost 100 years old. I am here to tell you that nothing is certain in this world. But that is a good thing. It means that everything passes, the good and the bad. So if it is bad at the moment, just wait and it will pass and if it is good, really emjoy it now because you know it will pass too.

Me: Hmm. I have to sit with that. But you're right, it is sort of reassuring to know that nothing is permanent. I appreciate your wisdom. Thank you.

Mei Mei: You are so welcome. Thanks for bringing me here.

Me: You are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment