Friday, July 5, 2013

Day Five: Doll Head challenge

again, from a photo of my daughter. This time a little older.
Here is the doll head for Day five. This one has sort of a quizzical expression. She is going to think it over before saying yes. This sort of fits with my daughter. She was about 10 at the time of the photo that this comes from.

Two different widths of Pentel pens, hybrid Technica and Sign pen. 

Still looking strained. Hopefully I will ease through this process as I continue to draw. Today I also looked at some diagrams of facial muscles for review. Do you know that we have 43 muscles in the face? Many of the are around the mouth. 

I am mulling over how I am going to make the bodies for these dolls. I don't want them to be too complicated. I haven't told you yet, but they are going to be intention dolls. At first they were all going to be about positive, hopeful attentions but seeing their faces, I think some of them will be gremlins as well. Sometimes it helps to get those negative thoughts out there so we can see them. 

Feeling quite vulnerable sharing my process of reconnecting with self portraits in this very public way. But hopefully it is worth it if I inspire some of you to try your own. It is a good way to see things in yourself that you didn't know were there, to be surprised. There is such a truth in self portraits.



No comments:

Post a Comment