Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 11 doll head with update

day 11 doll head

Here she is. She wanted to be colorful and bright and loved hanging out with the geranium that my husband got for me that is in our backyard. It's a small plant so she looks bigger than she really is. I was excited about her and wanted to share her. I am going to interview her off line and get back to you later also with the self portrait for today.

Interview with doll head number 11:
Me: What's your name? Where are you from?

Doll: I'm from Hawaii. My name is Kaluwehi.

Me: What would you like to tell me? Us?

Kaluwehi: I am the spirit of summer. I celebrate all the senses that come out when summer gives us her bounty of tastes, sights, sounds and sensations. One example: the bounty of delicious fruit-mangoes, peaches, cherries, plums! My hair represents the exuberant colors of summer.

Me: Thanks. Anything else?

Kaluwehi: Just remember to dance and sing.... One more thing. I heard you tell Ernst we may not all get bodies. What about making some of us into pins?

Me: Great idea. Thanks Kaluwehi.

Me as Lord Shiva! Pentel oil pastels
OK. You may not know what to make of this as it is coming sort of out of left field. But to give you some background, I have been studying and practicing meditation for a long time and recently took a class with Sally Kempton, an amazing teacher of meditation, on the Divine Masculine. One of the exercises is to imagine yourself as the Gods and so I decided to try to draw myself as Shiva, one of the Gods I feel most comfortable meditating with. He is known as the Destroyer but the part that Sally focused on was his clarity, awakened awareness, knowledge of yoga and tendency to retreat to Mount Kyloss to meditate. His message of healing comes from his third eye. Sally recently wrote an amazing book on the Divine Feminine. I have a feeling she may be working on a book about the divine masculine.


No comments:

Post a Comment